We strengthened our commitment to low-carbon mobility by acquiring an equity interest in Ecomotive Solutions.
Cavagna Group always keeps an eye on market opportunities. One of our goals is to further develop our know-how in the regulation and control of gas for use in new sustainable mobility applications.
The Ecomotive Solutions Group
That is one of the reasons of our recent decision to acquire an equity interest in Ecomotive Solutions. That company specializes in alternative fuel engines and, more generally, renewable energy applications. Its range of solutions covers light-duty vehicles, professional logistics, and industrial flex-fuel vehicles to the maritime industry and energy production.
Ecomotive Solutions aims to change the future of mobility by applying pioneering, tailor-made solutions to a wide range of engine types. In fact, cars alone cannot transform transport into a zero emissions industry. The EU’s Sustainable and Smart Mobility Strategy envisages the involvement of all types of transport in reducing emissions, including ships, heavy goods vehicles, and work vehicles. These are precisely the areas in which Ecomotive Solutions is a renowned player, in terms of both research and product range.
The Cavagna Group’s contribution
From its side, Cavagna Group puts at disposal:
- technical and application-related know-how in the automotive sector, characterized by integrated solutions for original equipment installation and aftermarket applications;
- the potential of a large industrial group with a widespread presence in international markets;
- the capability to support new R&D projects and develop institutional and business relations.
This partnership aims to innovate while respecting the environment, an approach that increasingly meets market expectations. In fact, customers seem to be more aware of environmental responsibility. Therefore, low-carbon engine technologies have less environmental impact, but also lead to a competitive advantage.
Furthermore, the partnership allows both the Cavagna Group and Ecomotive Solutions to satisfy the requests of:
- Professional operators looking to retrofit vehicles or engines already in use. For example, in industrial and commercial vehicle fleets, public transport, waste disposal, maritime applications, special industrial applications, and energy production plants);
- End users with specific application needs. Thanks to Ecomotive Solutions, industrial engines for heavy-duty applications can now use alternative, environmentally friendly fuels in their day-to-day operations. The emergence of biomethane, for example, has led to the development of a complete line of solutions for agricultural machinery.
The use of alternative fuels in energy production is just as interesting and promising. It is also a highly topical issue, not least because of the current geopolitical situation. The growing variety of non-fossil fuels of biological or synthetic origin is creating a strong demand for technological alternatives to traditional fuels. In this context, Ecomotive Solutions offers systems for the conversion of diesel engines into diesel dual fuel (DDF) engines for use with natural gas, biomethane, LPG, DME, biogas, LNG, hydrogen, and more.
Companies that want to play a decisive role in the circular economy must have solutions like flex-fuel engines that allow these energy sources to be used as efficiently as possible.